Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 11, 2008

In Dreams Awake.


If you were to ask us, "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?", we would probably answer with something like "experiencing another culture; people, food, lifestyle, raising awareness, and with our own children too!".

Pretty vague,huh?

I've spend many hours wondering about our future, and where we would be, what we would be doing and accomplishing, what kind of people we've lived with, what types of food we would try, how many children we would have, what languages we could speak, what kinds of cultures we would have experienced, etc. The more I think about this, the more excited I get.

Ted and I are what you would call, a different "breed" I guess. We both have a heart to head overseas. And we both have a heart for people of all shapes, sizes, colours, backgrounds. Sometimes, even for me this seems a bit too vague.

One thing I have realized lately is this, yes Ted and I are what would be called "visionaries",people who have many different visions, dreams, goals, and ideas, but don't necessarily remember the practical side of things. The finances, the time and energy, the conditions... When we sit and begin to think of these things, well, this is were we become a bit overwhelmed.

Sometimes when I think of these things, I feel as though it puts our dreams, visions, and goals in a box. And we are the "outside the box" people.

We sometimes beat ourselves up about this, not because we regret who we are, but because we have so many dreams, and ideas, that we don't actually pick one up, and begin to strategically plan and invest in it. (I hope that I am making sense).

God reminded me that we are in Him, therefore we have His heart for people. We have His heart for the used, neglected, poor, hungry, abused, etc. We have His heart for the Nations. When I think of this, I cannot help but realize His heart is not at all vague, but relational to the core. He wants to see ALL come into His Kingdom, and know Him. Experience His unconditional love, His loving mercy, and His unfailing grace. Ultimate Freedom in Him!

This excited Ted and I. God is our Source, our Foundation which never wavers, our Hope which we can bring into the world, our Beauty everlasting, our purpose, our reason to live and love others.

I read this quote once, (C.S. Lewis) one which is now up on our wall of our living room. A daily reminder and truth. It read:

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

I find a discontent when I am living outside of this dream. The dream that God has placed in our hearts. Do you know what I mean? This Holy discontent?

God recently spoke to Ted and I about a decision. A very difficult one at that. (This blog is already a novel, so I will share this with you in our next blog!)

Love, Jami Joann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR WRITINGS! BUT YOU LEAVE ME IN SUSPENSE ALL THE TIME. SILLY GIRL YOU! I CANT WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BLOG, AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN JUNE! LOVE AND MISS! BFF dM

Joel Hermansen said...

I like that quote. Jami, I bet you could write a cool book. Just take little snippets like these blogs, and throw them all together. And you could put your own art, hand written poems, etc., in the book. Just a random idea. Maybe i should do that. Ha. Anyway, I'm praying for you guys, and I miss you. I wish we could share our lives more.