Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mardi Gras Reflections


Hello Everyone sorry it has been so long since our last post! I wanted to write up a though I had on my trip to Mardi Gras. (Ted)


The streets of New Orleans were just as everyone described; Rich architecture, Good food, and Beautiful music. As I wandered around I found myself people watching. Not the tourist who come to drink the nights away in a crowded street with chaotic music bumping away. but of the locals who call this unique place home.

There was this man who was set up on a bench. He had a cheap little amp and a fairly cheap classical guitar. You could here him playing at the back part of Jackson Square in front of the church. As I walked up to spectate his show I found myself some what lost in the music. He played many well known Classical hits, but he played them with a conviction that was mesmerizing. It seemed as though the music brought stimulation to all 5 senses. 

After a time he put the guitar down. Grabbed for a bottle of whiskey and drank. I was shocked to find that he was drunk. I felt sad as i realized how I had forgotten that humanity has the finger print of God on it. This man was not a shallow drunken hobo with no soul, No he was a human who has an understanding that there is beauty. Now I don't know What he believes, but I do know that he was expressing something beautiful to the world. I believe that God is Beautiful, and as we show beautiful things we bring a greater understanding to the Beauty that he is. Just as we love one another we bring greater understanding of how He is Love.

I wonder how many times do I keep the beautiful things that I see inside.......When there is a hurting world that desires to see beauty, because it brings hope. I want to express the beauty inside of me because I want to express God. 


Let's take time to express the beauty we see around us! 


2 comments:

Kami said...

Ted, I love the way you express your heart through words. You truly "SEE" things with your heart, and I appreciate that. Thanks for sharing.

Joel Hermansen said...

I love the first prayer request (in the margin): "time with OUT students"
Was this a Freudian slip?