Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 30, 2009

Do Justly, Love mercy.


"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you. But to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with our God..." Micah 6:8

This past Sunday God really spoke to me through this verse, showing me in the most loving way, how often I get caught up on the justice, that I rarely make it to mercy, or even walking humbly with our God.

I know the areas in which I excel in and am gifted in are also my areas of my greatest weakness. I love justice, and am lacking in the area of mercy. You see, if I see something wrong or unjust, I want to see it made right. I want justice, and usually I want it now. I get stuck so much on the justice side of things, that I grow uptight and ultimately merciless.

Synonyms of mercy: compassion, clemency, kindness, understanding, grace, forgiveness...
Antonym: cruelty (yikes!) 

I began this week with every intention of loving mercy, and unfortunetly it is harder for me to break this habit. Please pray for me to truly love mercy. To show grace, understanding, and to forgive! I really want to move forward in this, with my whole heart. I need your prayers. 


0 comments: