Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heavenly Father.

A song I love and wanted to share
By Jon Foreman (switchfoot's lead singer)
'Your Love Is Strong'

"Heavenly Father, You always amaze me,
Let your kingdom come in my world and in my life.
Give me the food I need, to live through today,
Forgive me as I forgive, people that wrong me.

Lead me far from temptation,
Deliver me from the evil one.

I look out the window,
The birds are composing,
Not a note is out of tune, or out of place.

I walk to the meadow, and stare at the flowers,
Better dressed than any girl on her wedding day.

So why should I worry?
Why do I freak out? 
God knows what I need
You know what I need.

Your love is, Your love is, 
Your love is strong.

The kingdom of the heavens, is now advancing,
Invade my heart, 
Invade this broken town.

The kingdom of the heavens, is buried treasure,
Would you sell yourself,
To buy the one you've found.

Two things You've told me,
That You are strong,
And You love me,
Yes, You love me.

Your love is, Your love is,
 Your love is strong.

Our God in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name,
Above all names, 
Your kingdom come, Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven,
Give us today, our daily bread,
Forgive us weary sinners,
Keep us far from our vices,
And deliver us from these prisons."


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that song as well! He performed it at a conference I went to in October- so good!