Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 20, 2008

For My Burden is Light.


"Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your soulds. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30



Lately my heart has been really burdened. I'm learning a lot about the burdens which are good to hold and those which just weigh you down. I've come to realize that I need to understand more about the peace and rest of God. For me personally, this verse is talking about the weary, and those whose hearts have unrest, or lack of peace. I tend to let the circumstances around me, really weigh me down, and cause my heart to feel unrest. Especially here in Thailand. Only this time, God has really shown me that burdens that he lays upon our hearts, do not need to weigh us down in the negative.




Last night, Ted was out with the guys, and I was journaling and reading in Matthew, and God showed me that the burden that is on my heart, He has let me have, but in this burden I can have peace and rest. It's always sounded like a contradiction to me, but last night He showed me, I can have a heart and a burden and still have peace. When I am weary, or burdened, I can pray for the very things which makes me weary at heart, sometimes even physically.


With Christ in us, we can have an everlasting rest and peace! It encourages my heart and mind.




I felt led to share with you, because I know that this does not just apply to me. The awesome part about reading God's word...it relates to everyone! So just an encouragement to you this day, when those things come to you which burden your heart, move in compassion, in love, and through prayer, and do not become weary or have unrest. For his burden is light!




"May the Lord bless you, and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up His countenance to shine up on you, and give you his peace." AMEN! (Num.6:26)


0 comments: