Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 21, 2008

Left Behind.

Tonight we had, yet another, adventure. They just keep coming!

Our team headed downtown Chaing Rai to explore the market. Where they sell authentic, hand-made Thai Souvenirs. We began around 6:30 and were told to meet at 9pm.

Ted and I walked, in and out of shops and booths. It was a lot of fun, and very very reasonable in price. We headed back towards where the team was to meet. Unfortunetely we decided to run inside a shop and buy water, making us 3 minutes late.

When we arrived at our meeting place, there was no one from our team to be found. (Side note: Our team is n e v e r on time. Not ever) So Ted and I sat and waited, for ten minutes, and then I went up and down the market streets, still finding no one. We then headed into the market together, realizing we had been left behind.

So, we knew we needed to find a way home. We unfortunetely also didn't have the address or any contact numbers on us. We decided to head to a fruit-smoothie shop, where earlier we had a few drinks. I remembered that the girl at the counter spoke very good english, so thought maybe she could help. Of course she could! I told her all we knew was we were on a super highway, across the road from the university street and next to a post office.

She wrote in Thai on a small piece of paper, and told me to give it to a tuk tuk (taxi). The nice part was Ted and I rode a two man Tuk Tuk earlier, and got another one on the way back.

Funny thing is, we both really loved the excitement of the night. The excitement of not knowing if we were headed the right way in the Taxi. Or even wondering at times is we would have to find another place to sleep and find a way home in the morning, in time for work to begin.

Ted told me this is definetely worthy of being in our blog, thus we are here, writing you of this evenings adventure.

Ted says "be blessed" and I say i love ya!

p.s. During this time of writing you, a spider has been taunting me horribly. You may or may not know, but my worst fear is spiders. Irrational as it is, it is the truth. This particular is on the pillar next to my head, crawling up to the top and back down towards me! And I can't kill it! Why? Well, to the Thai's it is incredibly rude to pick up your shoe and smash something or stomp on change or anything, so Ted says even a spider! Peace comes in handy at moments like these! YIKES!

1 comments:

Joel Hermansen said...

Hey you two! Ted's mom gave me your blog address, so i decided to check it out. I can't figure out how to get skype, and i know we're all so busy anyway. But I'll keep checking this when i can, and it'd be great to hear from you if you can. I can relate to the excitement of not knowing where you're going for sure and trying to figure out how to get there. It looks like I'll be driving back down to Cali in May and also playing guitar for Marian Call down there. I hope you guys are doing great. I love you and miss you.