Our hearts ache for things unseen, beauty to be revealed and countries our feet have yet to walk upon. Here are updates on the Davis' Journey!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Red Letters and Revelation.

Recently, Ted and I both have really been inspired for more revelation of not only who we are in Christ, but who He is. God has really blessed Ted with revelation, not to mention the ability to read a scripture once, and memorize where it is, and what it says! Even when he does not get revelation or understand about something, He pursues and pursues until he knows! He inspires me so much to not give up! To eaglery await!

I want to have more understanding and revelation on what Jesus was truly saying through his parables and words. The red letters of our Saviour.

I'm going to try and read all of the words of Jesus, and get understanding and/or revelation of what Jesus was saying. Some of the parables seem to be simple, but some of them... I really want to know what He meant, you know?

However, for now...I love how the Bible is spirit breathed, and still to this day a l i v e. This is amazing, if you really, truly think about how much God has spoken to you, and to others through His love letter to us! God is relational to the core, and I love that!

Seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying: “ Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:1-11

Did you picture Jesus? It's hard not to get a mental picture. My mind is extremely "visual", so maybe it's just me! I actually thought of the Jesus we paint him to be in pictures. You know the one...long brown hear, beard, cream robe...only I picture him with eyes alive, and passionate.
How awesome that day when we will hear Him speak, sharing the "hidden things"! I can't wait, (hopefully like children waiting for a story!!), and listen to Him speak. How exciting!
Well, I need to run. Love you!
Jami Joann

0 comments: